Owing to the increasing internet user base and favourable market conditions, India has a lot of potential in the e-commerce industry. Growing at an exponential rate, the market value of the e-commerce industry in India was approximately 50 billion U.S dollars in 2018. This number was estimated to reach 200 billion U.S. dollars by 2027. –Statista Research Department
Ecommerce tends to be the most developing and fastest-growing area in the online world. If you’re a manufacturer, retailer or into selling products (and not services), this is something that you should surely hop into. It will not only boost your sales but would give you an online presence as well, which is the most important thing in this digital era.
Now you might be thinking how can you opt for Ecommerce listing/ Ecommerce marketing? Are your products eligible for Ecommerce listings? On which platforms you can list your products? How to list your products on Ecommerce platforms? We’ll give all the answers to your questions through this blog. Let’s begin the E-com basics!
What is Ecommerce management?
Ecommerce management refers to managing the orders and listings on Ecommerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, etc.
You can manage it yourself or hire a company that can do it perfectly for you. The things that are included in Ecommerce management are:
- Listing your products
- Managing the orders
- Managing returns and payments
- Answering questions
- Optimizing the listings to boost sales
We, at Olance, help you with Ecommerce management so that you can focus on fulfilling the orders and growing your business!
Q1- Can I sell my products online?
Yes, if you sell new, genuine and worth buying products, you can get listed on various Ecommerce platforms.
Q2- Documents required to sell online
These are some common document requirements for Ecommerce listing on various platforms:
- GSTIN/TIN Number
- PAN Card (Personal PAN for proprietorship and business PAN for company/ partnership)
- Bank Account Details
- Cancelled Cheque
- Address Proof
- Trademark Document (if you’re a brand)
Once you have all these documents in place, you’re good to go!
Q3- What Ecommerce platforms I can get listed on?
There are multiple companies offering Ecommerce services. The question arises, which ones should you opt for. Here’s the list:
- Amazon (Largest selling platform in India with approx 323.3M visits per month)
- Flipkart (Second largest e-commerce platform with 230.5M visits per month)
- Indiamart (B2B)
- Udaan (B2B)
You can get listed on these platforms if you have the above documents. Some platforms like Myntra and Ajio have a different process and thus they’ll take time to get you on board.
Benefits of selling on Ecommerce platforms:
You might think that it is a complex process that needs you to invest your time and capital a lot, but it’s actually worth it. The world is shifting online, the customer is online, then why are you not selling online? It takes a little effort to set it all up but once it’s done, you may enjoy your sales (this does not mean you don’t need to optimize it time-to-time)
- Low Cost – It is a lot cheaper than selling offline i.e having a physical place to set it up.
- Prepared Crowd- You already have the audience on these platforms, you just need to attract them
- High Growth Rate- E-commerce is growing rapidly, your business can grow too. You just need to pace it up.
- Reach- There are no geographical barriers holding you back from boosting your sales, you can sell anywhere, anytime.
How to boost your sales online?
The question arises, how can you boost your sales online. Here are some things that you can do:
- Good Product Photography- Pictures for e-commerce platforms have certain guidelines to be followed and they should be attractive as well, so make sure you get it done perfectly.
- Listing Quality- The quality of your listings must be remarkable. It should be SEO optimized and the content should be unique and attractive.
- Fulfilment- You should fulfil the orders on time and aim at no-Cancellation from your side.
- Quality- You should deliver quality products to the customer which makes them return to buy your product.
- Optimization- E-commerce is not a one-time thing, the listings should be updated from time to time with a competitive price and should be optimized for SEO as well.
Where to get e-commerce management and listings done?
We, at Olance, help you with Ecommerce listing and Ecommerce management. We have a team of professionals who are experts in the e-commerce world. To know more, contact us at +91 9058760130
1 thought on “Ecommerce Management: A Complete Guide”
Relevant content highlighting Ecommerce management. Do Keep posting.